Current location

Update: 7-20-2013
Location: warm be in Memphis
Next Location: Resting for awhile
Text phone #: +1 (540) 602-4829 (if you are near, drop me a text and we'll share a beer and good company.. Questionable good company)

Sunday, June 23, 2013

Sherando Lake (BRP)

Took my sweet time chatting with motorcyclist at Willville and didn't take off until 10am. Skip a lot of overlook to try to make my make 170 miles today. Stop by Walmart To pickup a bag of salad and popcorn chicken. I saw a few more deer crossing the road. then suddenly, a damn squirrel ran into the middle of my path. he was a good 50 feet away. i slow to a 20mph, he first run left, then run right. i figure i better go straight and let him choose his path. he then run left, right, left, right, and then i run over a bump. A gut wrenching feeling came over me as i shout "Son of a bitch" (i don't mind killing animal for food or if they are a pest, but mindless death is sad). Saw an AT hiker and strike up a conversation. He was carrying a DeLorne 2 way satellite thing-a-ma-gih. Pull over to chat with a fellow who was running a pit stop for the Buena Vista cycle club charity race. He was very generous and offer me many snack, but i only want to take what i could use today so i gratefully accepted 3 banana and a bag of chips. I thanks him and head over to Lake Sherando to get a camp spot












- Posting on the go on me iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment