Current location

Update: 7-20-2013
Location: warm be in Memphis
Next Location: Resting for awhile
Text phone #: +1 (540) 602-4829 (if you are near, drop me a text and we'll share a beer and good company.. Questionable good company)

Monday, June 3, 2013

Bicycle America without the sweat

I have own my ruckus for 2 years and now decided that she is going to take me to places.
I figure that the best way to see america is by bicycle, but i do hate the sweat, so the ruckus is the best option.
I will be mostly camping out in the wild or stealth camping when i can't find public land.
My wife is going to school, so that freed me up a few months/years to go to the school of life.

My ruckus ("Little Red") has a few mods. here's the list:
- a new varianter
- a new cdi
- 12v cigarette plug/USB plug
- a motorcycle alarm (it's rarely used)
- a side kickstand
- a extra attach fuel tank.

My current plan is to head out this thursday to the Smokey Mountain. Hang around there for a while maybe a week or so), then from there, i don't really know where to go next. I have never seen some of our national parks, such as Zion and Yosemite. After that, if my hall pass is still good, maybe i will head up to Alaska. I have a friend in Mexico that want me to visit, after that, maybe somewhere down to brazil. My plans are pretty much open. My only restriction is that I want to keep my range to about 100 miles per day.

1 comment:

  1. I admire your ambition!

    If I were you I'd do a bit more planning re ride routes and stuff like camping equipment, food, places to rest, backup plans, repair gear, etc.

    Plenty of people have done long rides on 49cc, so I have no doubts you can do it.

    I don't think it's wise to just "take off" without some pre-planning.

    Good luck to you. I will plan to follow your adventures!

    ReplyDelete