Current location

Update: 7-20-2013
Location: warm be in Memphis
Next Location: Resting for awhile
Text phone #: +1 (540) 602-4829 (if you are near, drop me a text and we'll share a beer and good company.. Questionable good company)

Wednesday, June 19, 2013

6-19 Hesitation to launch (Knoxville TN)

It's 9:30 am and it's time to leave. Going by myself has it's own set of problem. Fear overcome me for a good while. Sitting down with the voice in my head telling me "what the fuck am I doing?" doesn't help, but one can only hesitate for so long. Got to do it. Got to do it. Yes... I do have fear, hesitation, possibly regretting my idea, but go to pull myself together and do it. This is my launch point. Time to test the fine line between bravery and stupidity.
http://maps.google.com/maps?q=35.807327,-83.871649+(MyPosition)




This morning is truly the start. I got very nervous and scare, as i should be. My fear overcome my thought and the voice inside my head keep on saying "what the fuck are you doing?". Rightfully so, begin of a new trip has always got me nervous. I try not to think about it too much, but i doesn't leave me alone. I'm now alone. Now familiar with the lay of the land. Heading out by myself... After 30 minutes, i gather my strength and finish packing the scooter. Riding from maryville, i wind thru back roads, double checking my gps more often than necessary, but slowly, I forget my doubt and start enjoying the road. Once turned into the foothill parkway, there was more motorcycles than cars. 5 to 1 ratio at least, but there was no scooter. The scenery is gorgeous and every turn off was worth a stop for a picture moment. The ride on the Tail of the Dragon was un-eventful. I'm sure at 60 mph thru it would be a challenge, but little red has a hard time going above 20mph. I was pleasantly surprise that i ran across the camera guy (hellboy.com) right around noon. After the ride on the tail, i head over 20mile ranger station and they help me book a back country camping. There is a camp ground 1 miles up the hill. I hiked and hiked, but damn.. The place was far. I decided that i will be stealth camping near my bike




11 miles behind me...




A million miles in front of me.




Mommy.. Can I take him home?




The Dragon can't take scratch this 50cc baby.. Of course at 25 mph, there ain't much curb you can't handle...
- Posted from my iPhone

1 comment:

  1. You are one tough guy! I am following your blog and have posted a link to it on my blog!

    Ride on, brother!

    ReplyDelete