Current location

Update: 7-20-2013
Location: warm be in Memphis
Next Location: Resting for awhile
Text phone #: +1 (540) 602-4829 (if you are near, drop me a text and we'll share a beer and good company.. Questionable good company)

Friday, June 1, 2012

Day 7: schoolcraft campground

Day 7: 6-1-12 Woke up to a beautiful sunny day. We had a long deserve sleep from yesterday lake crossing, that we didn't get up until 9am. Our campsite host was very kind and helpful, Bobby Smith. Since I lost a locking nut to my rowing kit, he gave me one and a spare, which save me a lot of time from having to look for hardware store. He also lent me his jeep to go pick up some supplies. Finally got some Coke and Ice for my cooler. We then used his jeep to haul our stuff down the put-in. Truly a river trail angel. Finally on the river by 11am. Today mark the day that Jeffrey understands his paddling. He uses proper technique and rhythm. I'm not sure if he finally understood what I've been telling him or he just figured it out on his own, but it doesn't matter. I've noticed now that the river is a bit redder up here. People told me that there is more iron in the water. We paddled past a deer, within ten feet of it, as it stood there very still hoping that we didn't see it. Saw another Bald Eagle flew by. By 7pm we were very tired and cut short our planned route by 2 miles, thus only paddled 31 miles today. We set camp at Schoolcraft campground. With the weather warming up, oh boy, all the animals come alive, especially the mosquito. They are relentless. After a quick meal, we seeked shelter in our tents.

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=47.225239,-93.802706+(MyPosition)
longitude: -93.802706
latitude: 47.225239








- Posted from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment