Current location

Update: 7-20-2013
Location: warm be in Memphis
Next Location: Resting for awhile
Text phone #: +1 (540) 602-4829 (if you are near, drop me a text and we'll share a beer and good company.. Questionable good company)

Saturday, June 9, 2012

Day 15 - Sauk Rapids and St Cloud

The day started great. I woke up feeling very blessed. I've figured out my mood rhythm out here. I start feeling like I can take on the world in the morning, then around 5pm I get tired of the routine. By night fall, especially if we are accompanied by rain or mosquito (which happen almost every night), I wish we were home and really hate this trip. But a good night sleep will cheer me up. On with the day, we made the first 15 miles with super speed. The only thing interesting that we passed by was either a hand or a glove in the water. Jeffrey doesn't want us to come closer for a detail inspection. I'm sure it was a glove, because the cut looks so clean. If it was a hand, I bet the meat on it will be shredded by fish or bloated by sitting in the water. Then the next 5 miles approaching Sartel's dam was a killer of open water with a 15 mph head wind, followed by a very long portage. I've notice a trend here. It seems that every portage is getting harder an harder. Of course, the river is getting bigger and bigger, therefore the dam is getting bigger and wider too. Afterward we were rewarded with the Sauk Rapid. We were exhausted. I didn't even record the mileage today, let say it's around 20. We decided to make camp at the Kelly Inn. They spend money to be on the water front, but don't have a dock for water access, go figures. I ended up going to the next dock down stream of it and asked the owner to let me tie there for the night. Every thing is pretty much the same.

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=45.561119,-94.154327+(MyPosition)
longitude: -94.154327
latitude: 45.561119

St Cloud at 10pm




- Posted from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment