Current location

Update: 7-20-2013
Location: warm be in Memphis
Next Location: Resting for awhile
Text phone #: +1 (540) 602-4829 (if you are near, drop me a text and we'll share a beer and good company.. Questionable good company)

Thursday, June 14, 2012

Day 20 - More Head Wind and a Big Storm

It rained a little in the morning, but I decided that I can't sit here forever.  So, at 7:30am, we headed off, made thru one lock and did about 19 miles. At 12pm when it started raining hard, we pulled over and deployed our umbrella for some rain protection. For the first time, I made a camp fire in the wet rain. I figured it's that time of the week, so into the river I went for a cold bath. The fire helped a lot in drying me off.  I wore my wet clothes and stood next and sometimes on top of the fire to keep warm. It was cool to see the wet clothes on me giving off smokes as it was heated by the fire.  By 2pm, the rain stopped, so I decided that we should make the run thru Lake Pepin. When we got to the mouth of the lake, there was a 2 feet swell greeted us (caused by the strong head wind). We made camp at the first empty plot of land. It is another mud island, no mosquito, but only 12 inches above the water. We set up our hammocks cuz the ground is all wet. I'm now concern about the flooding of this island if the rain persists. Rain keeps falling down our tarp all night long. I'm very proud of Jeffrey for being such a good camper, sleeping in a wet hammock & wet sleeping bag without whining.

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=44.561356,-92.443045+(MyPosition)
longitude: -92.443045
latitude: 44.561356

My first fire made In the rain





Flooding of mud island





- Posted from my iPhone

1 comment:

  1. Flood Warning Far South Metro. NWS Doppler at 6:24 pm shows the strongest storms south of MSP, from near St. Peter and Gaylord to Northfield, Hastings and Red Wing. Torrential rain and 1/2 to 1" diameter hail are possible - along with an isolated tornado. A Severe Storm Watch is in effect until 10 pm. Latest NWS Flash Flood Warning:
    "Dear God, please protect them from harm"

    ReplyDelete