Current location

Update: 7-20-2013
Location: warm be in Memphis
Next Location: Resting for awhile
Text phone #: +1 (540) 602-4829 (if you are near, drop me a text and we'll share a beer and good company.. Questionable good company)

Thursday, May 31, 2012

Day 6 - Winnie Lake

Today, our spirit was up because it's the 1st day since beginning of this trip that the sun greeted us in the morning. I can't say the same for the night before, freezing. Jeffrey's spirit is up, but it's hard to tell since at times he doesn't want to do anything on his own. I have to task it out if I want it done. I guess I'm expecting too much for a 16 yr old. I don't remember of me being that lazy when I was 16. Enough about me complaining. Today was a rough day, we paddled the first 2.5 hour and covered 10 miles of river. Then we hit lake Winnie and it took us over 5 hour to cover 14 miles across the lake. I guess I should count my blessing. If I had paddled this lake last week, I would be facing 4 feet roller which make canoeing thru it impossible. Anyway, I'll add more detail later as I'm too darn sleepy right now.

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=47.430106,-94.048445+(LakeWinnieDam)
longitude: -94.048445
latitude: 47.430106




- Posted from my iPhone

3 comments:

  1. keep up the good work and keep the wind moving

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh and please post the total miles you traveled so far too in later post. I'm tire of adding this up every time Mr. Lam. :)

    ReplyDelete